Solov'eva Tat'yana Sergeevna, Research assistant, department of living standards and lifestyle studies, Institute of Socio-Economic Development of Territories of the Russian Academy of Sciences (56A Gorkogo street, Vologda, Russia), email@example.com
Popov Andrei Vasil’evich, Research assistant, department of living standards and lifestyle studies, Institute of Socio-Economic Development of Territories of the Russian Academy of Sciences (56A Gorkogo street, Vologda, Russia), firstname.lastname@example.org
Background. At the present time, the country’s competitiveness in the globalized world largely depends on the policies pursued by the state in relation to the younger generation. Being the main bearer of the reproductive and labor potential of the population, the youth is also extremely sensitive to reforms and external shocks. In this context, the development and implementation of effective measures in the field of youth policy requires an actual picture of the status of youth as a socio-demographic group. The purpose of the work is to analyze the socio-economic situation of young people in modern Russia.
Materials and methods. The research goal was achieved by considering main legal acts regulating the youth policy, as well as analyzing official statistics at the national and regional levels. We chose Vologda region as a subject of the Russian Federation being the most typical region of the country regarding most socioeconomic indicators.
Results and conclusions. The analysis has revealed the main problems in the youth field in Vologda region: imperfection of the legislation, reduction of the number of young people, growth of primary morbidity among adolescents, high proportion of external-cause mortality, increase in the average age of motherhood, etc. A list of measures to overcome the negative trends has been identified. Finally, it is concluded that the continuation of the problems identified does not only prevent young people from fully reaching their potential, but also reduces the competitiveness of the country as a whole.
1. Rudenko G. G., Savelov A. R. Sotsiologicheskie issledovaniya [Sociological research]. 2002, no. 5, pp. 101–107.
2. Ob utverzhdenii Osnov gosudarstvennoy molodezhnoy politiki Rossiyskoy Federatsii na period do 2025 goda: Rasporyazhenie Pravitel'stva RF ot 29.11.2014 № 2403-r [On approval of the Foundations of the state youth policy of the Russian Federation till 2025: Ordinance of the RF Government from 29.11.2014 №2403-r]. RRS “ConsultantPlus”.
3. Leonidova G. V., Antonova M. A., Dement'eva I. N. et al. Molodezh' sovremennoy Rossii – klyuchevoy resurs modernizatsii [Modern Russian youth – the key resource of modernization]. Vologda: ISERT RAN, 2013, 148 p.
4. Vydrina I. I. Vestnik Ural'skogo instituta ekonomiki, upravleniya i prava [Bulletin of Ural institute of economics, management and law]. 2014, no. 4, pp. 64–69.
5. Ob obshchikh nachalakh gosudarstvennoy molodezhnoy politiki v SSSR: zakon SSSR ot 16 aprelya 1991 g. № 2114-1 [On fundamentals of the USSR state youth policy: order of USSR from 16th April 1991 № 2114-1]. RRS “ConsultantPlus”.
6. Ob osnovnykh napravleniyakh gosudarstvennoy molodezhnoy politiki v Rossiyskoy Federatsii: postanovlenie Verkhovnogo Soveta RF ot 3 iyunya 1993 g. № 5090-1 [On guidelines of the state youth policy in the Russian Federation: ordinance of the RF Supreme Council from 3rd June 1993 № 5090-1]. RRS “ConsultantPlus”.
7. O gosudarstvennoy molodezhnoy politike na territorii Vologodskoy oblasti: zakon Vologodskoy oblasti ot 29.11.2005 № 1376-OZ (red. ot 14.10.2014, s izm. ot 05.12.2014) [On the state youth policy in the territory of Vologda region: order of Vologda region from 29.11.2005 № 1376-OZ (revised on 14.10.2014 with amendments from 05.12.2014)]. RRS “ConsultantPlus”.
8. O gosudarstvennoy programme «Sozdanie usloviy dlya razvitiya grazhdanskogo obshchestva i potentsiala molodezhi v Vologodskoy oblasti na 2014–2018 gody»: postanovlenie Pravitel'stva Vologodskoy oblasti ot 28.10.2013 № 1102 (red. ot 28.09.2015) [On the state program “Establishments of conditions for civil society and youth potential development in Vologda region in 2014–2018”: ordinance of the Vologda regional government from 28.10.2013 № 1102 (revised on 28.09.2015)]. RRS “ConsultantPlus”.
9. O Federal'noy tselevoy programme «Molodezh' Rossii (2001–2005 gody)»: postanovlenie Pravitel'stva RF ot 27.12.2000 № 1015 (red. ot 26.09.2004, s izm. ot 21.10.2004) [On the Federal target program “Youth of Russia (2001–2005)”: ordinance of the RF government from 27.12.2000 № 1015 (revised on 26.09.2004 with amendments from 21.10.2004)]. RRS “ConsultantPlus”.
10. Strategiya gosudarstvennoy molodezhnoy politiki do 2016 g.: utv. rasporyazheniem Pravitel'stva Rossiyskoy Federatsii ot 18.12.2006 № 1760-r [The strategy og state youth policy till 2016: approved by the ordinance of the RF government from 18.12.2006 № 1760-r]. RRS “ConsultantPlus”.
11. Dzyaloshinskiy I. M. Vestnik Kemerovskogo gosudarstvennogo universiteta kul'tury i iskusstv [Bulletin of Kemerovo State University of Culture and Arts]. 2009, no. 9, pp. 59–65.
12. Ermakov S. P. Narodonaselenie [Population]. 2013, no. 1, pp. 87–97.
13. Gimpel'son V. E., Kapelyushnikov R. I. Voprosy ekonomiki [Economic problems]. 2015, no. 7, pp. 87–119.
14. Shabunova A. A., Leonidova G. V. Ekonomicheskie i sotsial'nye peremeny: fakty, tendentsii, prognoz [Economic and social changes: facts, trends, forecasts]. 2015, no. 5, pp. 101–115.
15. Rostovskaya T. K., Ryazantsev S. V. Gosudarstvennyy sovetnik [State adviser]. 2015, no. 2, pp. 66–74.